[cod] Recommended Server Set up

Jafo jafo at nowhere.ca
Tue Sep 28 14:41:20 EDT 2004

I'm looking at dual 2.4 Ghz w/ 2gig ram.

A previous thread suggested that setup would allow 170 - 220 something
player slots and the network would choke before CPU or memory.

I'm basically looking at buying (or leasing) a box, co-locating it coding
my own CGI apps for management, quotes etc. and putting up a the web site.
Just want to ensure that it will actually turn a profit and hardware won't
out price subscriptions.

Thanks.