LAN server attempts heartbeat....

Kenny Southpark afp_kenny at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 04:26:25 EDT 2004

I don't know how many of you guys have been setting your dedicated servers
up for LAN without an internet connection, but with the sv_dedicated set at
1 it seems to have a problem.

  Here is what a consol dump looks like. Unfortunately I did it here on my
home network and you can see that it did contact the authserv, but when
hosting at a local LAN party this weekend it was still trying to send a
heartbeat on a closed LAN..

cod at Kennycom1:~> ./coduo_ded +sv_dedicated 1 +set net_port 28961
CODUO MP 1.41 build linux-i386 Sep 24 2004
----- FS_Startup -----

***EDIT FOR EMAIL SPACE*******

File Handles:
----------------------
53159 files in pk3 files
execing default_mp.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
execing uoconfig_mp_server.cfg
execing autoexec_mp.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
Opening IP socket: localhost:28961
Hostname: Kennycom1.local
Alias: Kennycom1
IP: 127.0.0.2
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Started tty console (use +set ttycon 0 to disable)
map mp_foy
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: mp_foy
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

***MORE EDITING****

File Handles:
53159 files in pk3 files
Sys_LoadDll(/cod/cod/.callofduty/uo/game.mp.uo.i386.so)... ok
Sys_LoadDll(game) found **vmMain** at  0x498ea0f4
Sys_LoadDll(game) succeeded!