[cod] Semi off topic: COD rentals

Dali -[OBI]- dali at axelero.hu
Mon Sep 27 11:46:10 EDT 2004

I read it in chmod manual:

"STICKY FILES
       On  older  Unix  systems,  the sticky bit caused executable files to
be
       hoarded in swap space.  This feature is not useful on  modern  VM
sys-
       tems, and the >> Linux kernel ignores the sticky bit on files. <<
Other ker-
       nels may use the sticky bit on files for system-defined  purposes.
On
       some systems, only the superuser can set the sticky bit on files."

What is the truth then?