[cod] Performance issues (was Some feedback on 1.41d )

Luke luke at techfreak.org
Sat Sep 25 18:45:25 EDT 2004

Steve,

To follow up on this, accurate cpu reports for my dual-xeon 2.0 show
an 'average' cpu use (for one physical processor) to be closer to
around 60% for 20 players in BAS foy. It moves from 60-80%.

Funny, how the readings I was getting yesterday (20% cpu usage for a
25 player server with same map) couldnt explain why the server was
lagging out..... well, now I know. I was getting incorrect cpu
readins from the kernel and top. the real cpu usage yesterday was
probably closer to around 75% average, hitting 90% and above at
times - causing the lag.

thanks for the tip on the 2.4 kernel. Good to have accurate
information - even if it means its bad news :(

Luke

--
www.frankenworks.com - headquarters for linux game admins.