[cod] Performance issues (was Some feedback on 1.41d )

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 12:32:47 EDT 2004

Just to clarify I'm not saying its always that high just that I've seen it
peak. Here's the graph showing it:
http://gaming.multiplay.co.uk/stats/server_3531_day.png

As you can see its not always that high but when it comes to running
servers you can have to take these things into consideration. As it
stands I would only be really happy running 2 servers on a dual 246
which is just silly. It means COD:UO is currently looking the way of
spearhead. When that came out everyone wanted it but there was no
way to run it for clans at a decent price / performance so it died off.

I would hate to see COD:UO do that but as long as there are certain
maps / gametypes / settings that cause this sort of load that
unfortunately what will happen. Yes you will and there already are
providers offering COD:UO at the same price and or free with COD
but they and the clans that use them will soon learn its not going
to happen.

That all said I do have confidence that Ryan and the guys at Grey
Matter will do all they can to rectify the situation. To help them do
that we try to provide them with as much information about the state
of play / issues that we possibly can.

And when u say AMD opterons out perform anything on this planet
I agree they are way the best performers we have tested hence it
hitting 70% on that hardware was even more worrying :(

    Steve / K