Low ping players only and inactivity kicks

Joe Hunkeler wolve at dodfrontline.com
Fri Sep 24 15:04:49 EDT 2004

Hi, this is my first post here, so I'm a bit iffy of the rules on
writing on the mailing list...  Anyhow here it goes.

I've been researching the error normal regulars get to our clan server,
"This server is for low ping players only" [or something of the sort].
So I looked through the cvar list and found "sv_maxping sv_minping"  I
adjusted the max ping limit to 1000 in hopes it would allow even our 56k
community to join and play; as we do have a small percentage of them.

I myself ping about 56-60ms to our server that's located in Texas...
I'm getting that error occasionally myself even though I'm clearly
pinging pretty low.  Others are having the same problem too, and it
takes a good three or four reconnects to let them in.  Is there any way
to turn this feature off completely?

Secondly, the inactivity kick is starting to piss off our general
public.  Seeing as this is a realism server defending a location with a
machine gun for a period of time is allowed...  After a little while an
annoying message pops up saying that the player will be kicked from the
server.  I'd like to know if there's a cvar that I've overlooked to turn
this feature off.

Thank you.