clients randomly jump to 900+ pings

LeadBritches leadbritches at austinservers.com
Fri Sep 24 12:50:49 EDT 2004

I am running the 1.41d server running DOM and BAS modes... I see clients that are playing with sub 100 pings suddenly jump to 900+... Apparently only completely stopping/exiting the client and reconnecting will help the issue.... simply reconnecting seems to have little effect.

The server is 28 public slots (2 private) running on RHE 3.0 on a P4 2.8 (HT) with 1G RAM. CPU load is hovering around 65% with 25 players on right now.

Looking at lagometer shows a solid green bar on the lower portion (client)... upper portion (server) shows minimal yellow spikage.

[AS]Lead