[cod] hitch warnings

BludGeonT[EUG] bludgeont at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 21:20:54 EDT 2004

Hitch warnings typically are not serious.  You will see many of them
after starting up a server instance as the server initializes and gets
everything set, all the I/O going on as the server loads the levels
and such has a little impact on the responsiveness of the system as it
is loading.  They should go away or be very infrequent after the
server has loaded everything up, and allows itself to cool down.  You
might also see them if you have a full server, running too many player
slots than the system can handle as one example.  You also might
experience them after a level change also in the game, even if it has
been up and running for a while. I dont usually worry about it unless
they are streaming in constantly, which can be a signal of also a hung
server, meaning it is up and running, but sitting in limbo waiting for
a map, and taking up 100% of one CPU while it veg's there waiting to
be restarted, or mapcycled.

Hope this helps, this is based off of my experiences

BludGeonT[EUG]
EarthLink Ultimate Gaming