2.24GB worth of install

Donovan donovan at serveitup.com
Wed Sep 22 15:48:01 EDT 2004

Can this be cut down to under 2GB by getting rid of any of the standard CoD files?  2.24GB is too big for linux to handle as a tar file.  The way I deploy servers is by making a single vanilla working server and then tarball the server so it can be easily rolled out when ever I need to setup another server or fix a corrupted server.  Linux won't copy the file from the server where the tarball is stored to the server where the game is being setup.  Is there any way to reduce the size of the installation?

Donovan