paying for *nix OS's ( was 1.4b )

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 15:17:41 EDT 2004

Yep same issue on FreeBSD here.
Its a very solid hosting platform. Good security good support,
easy to use packages. Hardware support is good, had a few
minor niggles with some very new opteron boards ( netcard
support ) but all fixed quickly. Anyone considering it should
pick the 5.x stream 5.2.1-RELEASE atm soon to be 5.3
as it contains significant increase in performance for SMP
kernels. For game servers however if u try the 5-CURRENT
ensure u use the old BSD scheduler as the new one has
poor performance for servers.

    Steve / K