[cod] Linux server for UO release date

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Sep 15 14:14:36 EDT 2004

luke at techfreak.org wrote:

> Same ol story......... test the windowes code for months, then at
> the last possible moment test the linux server. WTF is Activision
> thinking. I get so sick of playing the second-class citizen to the
> windoze geeks.

In their defense, the Linux builds aren't ready until right before the
game hits shelves, but it would be more useful for everyone if a build
(_any_ build) was available publically.

Still, this was their wish, it's less about control and more about
quality assurance, and while I disagree, this is how it is.

--ryan.