[cod] United Offensive

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Fri Sep 10 23:01:08 EDT 2004

Hum, I saw Ryan deny he ever said the server would be
available same time as UO, but there is a server...
UO is retail available 9/15 (In NY, US anyway), 5 days from now.

I'll pick it up just to see if the weapon accuracy has gotten any
better or if I will have to continue to run my mod, so the weapons
respond just like the modelling in MOH Spearhead. (This way
a rifle hit will actually take out a guy with a shot to the upper
torso. (Today of course rifles are no match for the SMG's),
and you can actually hit something from 20ft with a Thompson.)
I didn't change anything else about the game, just the weapons.
(ie. a M1g has less motion when prone, a bit more when crouched,
and same as un-mod when standing... U know... like real life...

If the models are still as poor as original COD, I am already
working on TWL League to adopt the mod for UO once I
code it if the weapons are the same.  (once we passed out
the mod, overwhelming response was it was "hard to go back
to the original COD weapons" (except for the whiner that scores
mostly due to the scatter of the weapons that is. They
didn't like it as much. ;-))

Reality mods touch and change the whole game. Most love the
mod because nothing else was changed about the game in all
it's original spender.  It is just out of the box COD with better
weapons modeling,

Anyone know if the weapons modeling was cleaned up?
(Adoption is a heck of a lot easier via that path!)

Ooops.. off my intended topic, sorry...

Lack of the Linux server is like shipping a FPS today without
multi player capability IMHO.

Just my 2cents

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org