[cod] Come on guys release a fix for the CPU usage

Rob Ashford nemeth at jolt.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 04:13:47 EDT 2004

"It seems to me that the only people that are still unhappy with build E are
the people making money off hosting game servers. Too bad you cant fit as
many servers on one box. These people don't owe you anything... You guys buy
one copy of the game and make a sick amount of money off that one copy. And
your still bitching?!"

That's bang out of line. It's customers that dictate pricing and savings
made from running multiple processes have to be passed straight onto
customers to remain competitive.

Perhaps it's different in the states where there seems to be a little more
focus on customers renting dedicated machines, but here in Euroland the vast
majority of servers are a process rented on a shared box, giving customers
real cost savings.

With that in mind try explaining to a customer that their previous COD
server is going to cost 50% to 100% more if they want UO, or that they can't
have it at all unless they rent a dedicated box - and even then there's a
chance it'll run like a dog's dinner.

Rob Ashford aka Nemeth

Jolt Call of Duty Head Admin
cod.jolt.co.uk - #CoD.jolt - codleague.jolt.co.uk - #codleague.jolt