[cod] Re: map bugs, sharking

ken at frankenworks.com ken at frankenworks.com
Tue Oct 12 09:13:35 EDT 2004

Well, its technically not *server* related, its more along the lines of
not-thorough mapping. It's akin to leaving the punctuation marks off a
thesis: the writing quality and research might be great, but nobody
bothered to proofread for errors!

These maps are not so much missing textures as they are missing
player-clip brushes. I was really surprised to see they hadn't clipped off
the roofs and water in Arnhem (2 vulnerability areas for landsharking) for
instance.

Also, unlike MOHAA, any models inserted into the maps via the gsc script
to block off access do *not* have collision maps, so they're useless.

These bugs can only be really fixed with an official patch from IW/GMI,
that contains re-worked maps, but I believe the altitude-check workaround
helps.

~Ken
--

Frankenworks.com: Linux Server Admin Headquarters

--

Frankenworks.com: Linux Server Admin Headquarters