[cod] Re: map bugs, sharking ( was AW: [cod] Linux COD:UO server, 1.41e. )

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Tue Oct 12 07:32:01 EDT 2004

Check out the demo at:

www.team-ravage.com/codUO.dm_2

Honestly, I am getting reports from nearly every map.
Jump over walls, go below the map. (cod there was
an imaginary wall texture there.

If you run a 40 player server, and you can't find 12 of the
guys.... look under the maps. It is that bad.

Check out:

www.cheatpolice.com
www.punksbusted.com

Also, check out IWNations own website in the "patch requests"
forum. There are bugs and texture problems listed there from
walking through tables, clipping, but almost every map documented
with sharking problems.

If you need further info, start there.  There is a ton on the IW site
on "patch requests", and much more about landsharking in the
admins section of the two sites I mentioned.

Landsharking, if not fixed by the patch, the modders have been talking
about fixing what Grey Matter badly messed up.  ACTI did a great
job on this in the original cod.

BTW:  landsharking is one of the things that killed MOH:Breakthrough,
very very appropriately named!  AA had it as well, but was patched.
The excuse there however were textures were relatively new to that
particular development team.  I guess the inexperience of this one
is showing as well.

BTW: This has nothing to do with the linux development and all to do
with the game client itself. So it really shouldn't start up a new
thread, it is off subject.  I added it at the end of my message
in hope someone had some info on the release of the game patch.
Fishing for info it anyone can provide it...

But if you are not aware of the problem, look above, and welcome
to the world of very poor texture mapping. I had no intention of starting
a new thread on this subjet.  The above sites are full of info.

Dr D.

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE         defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org