[cod] cpu usage patch? :)

Luca Fabbro luca.fabbro at procne.it
Tue Oct 5 10:31:50 EDT 2004

In my experience SOF2, Q3, RTCW, JK2, JKA and some other ID related engines
are close to the real cpu usage also with 2.4 kernels.
Don't expect the same from for example COD, MOHAA, CS, for those top (or
stats for CS for example) may show 0% while they're using up to 40-50% of
your CPU (of course with 2.4) You'll start seeing the real cpu usage only
when the cpu usage is almost at maximum, let's say that when your system
reaches 75-80% of real cpu usage, for certain periods (set refresh time of
top to 1 second) you'll be able to read the real server daemon usage. This
is due to the way that kernel uses to compute cpu usage.