Could this be a bug?

Joe Hunkeler wolve at dodfrontline.com
Tue Oct 5 09:48:08 EDT 2004

I'm not too sure if this is considered an engine issue, or a server
issue, but this is what I experienced...  A few days ago one of my
server administrators revamped the file structure and rewrote the config
files for our UO servers.  Even though he said he didn't change
anything, he did, and what we found was interesting.

seta    sv_fps   "25" (or any number other than 20) causes severe
vehicle/sound/movement slowdown for the clients.  So I set it back to 20
(which was the original number we had) and everything worked normally.
So is this an engine issue, or a server bug?  I wasn't aware that a
variable that seemed so harmless could empty our servers in a matter of
minutes due to frustration and slowdown.  The vehicles literally moved
at 5-10mph and the mounted machine guns fired 5 times slower than they
should have.

It was really wierd.  I guess I'm just warning anyone that wants to mess
with the sv_fps cvar as you WILL get very odd results.