[cod] Now what ...Am I missing something

Daniel M. Temme cod at schlechteverlierer.de
Tue Oct 5 09:01:49 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 16:43, Jay Vasallo wrote:
> Still doesn't make any sense. That's what it prefers? Why in the world
> would you have the game server look for Punkbusted in a system file created
> by the server upon startup?

Well, at least you can be sure the directory is there then ;). It's not like
the server recreates the directory completely anew each time it's started.

And it is correct philosophicly to have dynamic data in preference directories
rather then installation directories so you don't need to have those write
accessible.

Anyway, I'm going from memory here and don't really like pb and only use it
because it's become a neccessary evil with all those dickwads out there. So
there may be more to it that I don't know of.

> That's why you can't get PB to work.

I'm really not sure about that.

Have a nice day
--