[cod] Traffic data question

Benjr benjr at elo.com.br
Wed Nov 24 14:53:55 EST 2004

Delta,

I am afraid I diasgree. The correct formula for the peak traffic is:
s * (s - 1) * 4
Where "s" is the number of slots and 4Kbps is the max bandwidth used for
each slot. This formula says that each slot "listens" for the traffic of the
others. I used the MRTG to generate a graphic for the servers we have and,
for me, the formula is correct. In this particular case, 16 slots will
consume, at most, 960Kbps.

Best regards,
Ben