[cod] Linux vs. Windows

hotrod deathtoll hotrod_death_toll at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 12:25:01 EST 2004

I haven't seen any real numbers on what kinda
performance either OS does running a game but with
Linux you can eliminate the desktop overhead that you
would normally have in windows (= more potential
performance).

The other main advantage is every Linux box in it's
own right is a server.  Out of the box Linux can serve
as SSH, FTP, HTTP, RSH, IPTABLES (firewall), etc...
You get my drift I'm sure.  Being a Linux dude for me
it's just easier to admin remotely and that's why I
use it.

John