[cod] Howdy

stalvi stalvi at tek.iarc.uaf.edu
Sun Nov 7 01:21:51 EST 2004

I see the heartbeat messages.  Its on a university LAN which does not
have any firewall blocking that traffic.  I've verified that I can
connect to the server from my home by typing in the domain name or IP.
ohura.iarc.uaf.edu

The game plays fine and does what I expect it to, it just doesn't show
up in the join a game listing.

So I'm I correct in assuming that no special registration is required
to activision or gamespy to get this working?   Meaning, anyone can
just simply hookup and go?

Another thing I was unsure of is CD Key.  I know that on a Windows CoD
server the CD key has been already put in, but on linux there seems to
be no requirement for that.  Is that correct?

Thanks,