[cod] How many people?

James Kreuziger jkreuzig at cyberonic.com
Tue May 4 13:50:36 EDT 2004

I think you need to specify things a bit more.  I'm assuming you are talking
about
running Linux servers.  I don't think you would be running Winblows.

You ask how many people could the setup handle.  Well, it also depends on
how many servers you plan on running.  16 servers running 4 players a server
is going to load your system much differently than 2 servers running 32
players,
or 4 servers running 16 players each.

Also, running TeamSpeak or Ventrilo won't really lag your CPU.  Both of
those
voice programs are fairly CPU light.  However, they can chew up quite a bit
of
bandwidth.  IF you have the option, get a second server to run voice on.  If
you
don't need to run a website also, you could get a budget server with less
CPU, memory
and disk space.

Are the dual disk drives EIDE? SATA? SCSI? If you start running multiple
servers
on the machine, the faster disk I/O would be of benifit.

-Jim