1.3 patch has ruined my clan

luke at techfreak.org luke at techfreak.org
Fri Mar 26 11:18:37 EST 2004

Seriously, We went from having two full COD 1.2 servers 24/7 to two
empty, laggy, weapons shooting to the side, crappy servers. Thanks
IW!

How do we as Linux admins recover from this patch? I have installed
a weapons mod to (I think) correct the weapons issues, but I think
most users see the 'LD' next to my servers and avoid like the
plague. Maybe Im wrong.

Also, the servers are periodically more laggy than before..... and
no, Im not paranoid. I have admined over 20 different Linux games,
dozens of mods, etc. I am telling you this patch is laggy. I cant
find any obvious reason for it, but its there.

What are we to do now?

Luke