[cod] poor poerformance on HQ?

luke at techfreak.org luke at techfreak.org
Wed Mar 24 14:47:52 EST 2004

Bryan,

I did notice the staggered respawns. Whats odd is that my HQ server
never seemed to have much of an issue with player respawns until
1.3...... but thats not the major problem.

The big lag comes when the radio is destroyed and then respawns in a
new location. The entire game chugs for several seconds.

Also, the game seems much more susceptible to high-ping players
causing more lag for the game. This has always been an issue with
Mohaa, but didnt appear to be an issue with COD until now. This
might just be that the server is already more laggy so other small
factors seem to play a larger role. Not sure, yet.

Luke