[cod] ADS (iron sights) problems with 1.3 Linux servers

Daniel M. Temme cod at schlechteverlierer.de
Wed Mar 24 11:05:26 EST 2004

Hello there,

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 16:42, SIU-Donovan wrote:
> Does this happen while just holding down the fire button or does it happen
> while taking single shots?  Either way weapons do have recoil and expecting
> to have your weapon return to the same spot after every shot is crazy.  If
> you want that kind of control then use a rifle not and smg.  Not trying to
> start a flame here but just trying to bring a little sanity.  SMG's are not
> rifles or sniper weapons, they are by nature somewhat inaccurate.

It certainly isn't just a recoil issue. And it certainly needs fixing fast. If
you follow the valuegaming link that you quoted you can actually see a pretty
good example of what it looks like.

> Does this not happen in Windows servers?

Haven't tested it but apparently that's the case.

> I was just playing 1.3 on a Linux server last night and didn't notice any
> unusual characteristics with the smg's.

It might not become immediatly apparent just because you don't happen to be
looking down the sights too often when using mgs.

Have a nice day
--
Daniel M. Temme
http://schlechteverlierer.de