[cod] Desparate for Help

Josh Berry josh at chickenmonkey.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 09:38:02 EST 2004

> I have the game patched. It appears to be running when I view the
> account via SSH.  However, I CANNOT get the game to show back up in
> ASE!!  Any suggestions?

With the 1.2 patch it took a bit of time for the masterservers to
update. I had to leave my server off for 8 hours or something to let
them time out and remove the info about my server.

I am not saying thats what it is but its a posibility.

> Also..as a side…I somehow made a clients account a non directory. His
> game is running fine, but I can’t cd into the account. I get a message
> stating it is not a directory.  How do I make it back into a
> directory?

You mean that the directory where the game is installed is not showing
as a directory? Not sure how you have managed this. Do an "ls -al"
command and see what file type it is showing up as.

There is no way to change from a directory to a file and visa versa so I
am sure that it has not changed (and very odd/annoying if it has).

Josh