[cod] CoD Patch 1.3 Released Soon

theo theo at dsl-only.net
Sun Mar 14 21:44:57 EST 2004

This might be useful to you. I use this on the sof2 server I run. It was
tweaked by one of my buddies, go_jesse and it is easy to modify.
Please remember to give credit where it is due.
I use a crontab (0-59/5 * * * *  $HOME/bin/sof2_inf_osp.init check)
every five minutes and this script:

#!/bin/sh
#
# sof2_inf_osp.init check
#
# standard format startup script for sof2
#
# modified by jesse (go_jesse at yahoo.com)
# written by abfackeln at abfackeln.com
# 2001-02-19

MYNAME=sof2_inf_osp.init

MYUSERID=sof2
MYDIR=/home/sof2
MYMOD=osp

STARTSCRIPT=llc_inf.cfg

MYLOGFILE="$MYDIR/$MYMOD/$MYNAME.log"
MYLOCKFILE="$MYDIR/$MYMOD/$MYNAME.lock"

MYEXECMD="screen -D -m -t inf /home/sof2/launch_inf_osp.sh"

#MYEXECMD="screen -m -d ./quake3-smp.x86 +set g_gametype $GAMETYPE +set
dedicated 1 +sets gamestartup \"`date +"%m-%d-%y %T"`\" +set fs_game
$MYMOD +exec $STARTSCRIPT"

if [ `whoami` = "root" ]; then
   MYEXECMD="nice -n -5 $MYEXECMD"
   chown $MYUSERID $MYDIR/sof2ded
   chmod u+s $MYDIR/sof2ded
fi

ulimit -c 0

case "$1" in
   start)
      echo -n "Starting SOF2 CTF: "
      if [ -f $MYLOCKFILE ]; then
         echo "already running according to $MYLOCKFILE. Not started."
      else
         cd $MYDIR
         #$MYEXECMD &> /dev/null &
         $MYEXECMD &> ~/console_`date +%b_%d_%Y`.log &
         echo $! > $MYLOCKFILE
         echo "$MYNAME: started."
      fi
      ;;
   stop)
      echo -n "Stopping SOF2 CTF: "
      if [ ! -f $MYLOCKFILE ]; then
         echo "not found"
         exit 2
      fi
      kill -TERM `cat $MYLOCKFILE` > /dev/null
      rm -f $MYLOCKFILE
      echo "$MYNAME: stopped."
      ;;
   restart)
      if [ -f $MYLOCKFILE ]; then
         $0 stop
      fi
      $0 start
      ;;
   check)
      ## the next condition was devised by Chris Weiss for his ut-check
script
      ## ftp://xplug.sourceforge.net/pub/xplug/ut-check.tar.gz
      ## i have slightly modified it and integrated it here

      ## usage: call "ucc.init check" from a cron task every 5 minutes
or so
      ## output will be nothing if it was running
      ## else output will be a start message and the server will restart

      if [ -z "$(ps --no-headers -p $(cat $MYLOCKFILE 2>/dev/null)
2>/dev/null)" ]; then
         $0 restart
      fi
      ;;
   infinity)
      ## infinite loop to ensure that server is always up without use of
cron

      echo $$ > $MYLOCKFILE.8
      ## the number 8 is the infinity symbol sideways ;)  -abf.

      while [ 1 ]; do
         $0 check
         sleep 60
      done
      ;;
   die)
      $0 stop

      ## break infinity
      kill -TERM `cat $MYLOCKFILE.8`
      rm -f $MYLOCKFILE.8
      ;;
   *)
      echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|check|infinity|die}"
      exit 1
esac

exit 0