AutoStart Cod

George Lemos listreader at lemosnet.com
Sun Mar 14 17:00:06 EST 2004

I have been reading several different ways of starting the COD server. Right
now what I have been doing the most is login as a user, use the command
SCREEN or NOHUP, start the server then logoff. That seems to work just fine.

I was just wondering if this list ever passed around a way to auto start the
COD dedicated server upon system reboot. I tried making an entry to the
rc.local file but that seemed to not work for me.

OR.. Do the admins not auto start the server and just fire it up in a
similar method mentioned above and be done with it?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

/g