[cod] Re: CoD exploit...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Jul 28 23:59:59 EDT 2004

> People saying they got about 20 to 30 ms more than before?

People always say that.

> Without telling too much, can you just say if that exploit is a real
> security problem (people can get access to the ssh/linux) or it can only
> get control/crash of the server)?

Both of the things you describe are real security problems.  :)

> And finaly when you think you will post this on official's site?

I don't know, I don't control those things. Thus far there haven't been
complaints, so I'll probably recommend to IW that they tell people to do
that (then again, they might want to wait until they have an updated
Windows server...you Unix people are so lucky!  :)   ).

--ryan.