CoD exploit...

Lestat the Vampire lestat at aresgames.com
Thu Jul 15 06:57:23 EDT 2004

Hell...o Ryan

Seem that the ping have been go up since the update?

People saying they got about 20 to 30 ms more than before?

Without telling too much, can you just say if that exploit is a real
security problem (people can get access to the ssh/linux) or it can only
get control/crash of the server)?

And finaly when you think you will post this on official's site?

Thanks
Le 25-Juil-04, Ryan C. Gordon a écrit:

> (Yeah, it's just a big week for server exploits, I guess...)
>
> A security issue has come to my attention in the current CoD Linux
> server. All admins are encouraged to upgrade.
>
>   http://icculus.org/betas/cod/COD-lnxded-1.4-07252004.tar.bz2
>
> Download, unpack in the server's directory so it overwrites cod_lnxded
> and main/game.mp.i386.so.
>
> --ryan.

Regards
--
Lestat the Vampire

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There´s always a boom tomorrow.
-- Ivanova