[cod] ~./callofduty/main/config_mp_server.cfg problem

Josh Berry josh at chickenmonkey.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 08:24:55 EST 2004

As far as I know, you don't actually need the file so long as you set
everything in your own config file. This means that you can stop the
file being used. All you need to do is when the servers are not running
go to the .callofduty/main folder, delete the file if it is there, and
type:

touch config_mp_server.cfg
chmod 000 config_mp_server.cfg

This will create a file that the server cannot overwrite, and hence no
game settings will be changed. Just check it to see what cvars it has in
it normally however - just to see if you are missing anything.

Josh