[cod] 2 servers on one machine -Help, Friday deadline!

Christopher Kunz chrislist at de-punkt.de
Tue Jan 13 08:14:00 EST 2004

cod at kaleplek.net wrote:

> Hi there,
> Yoe can see in your logfile that both servers are using the same port.
> What you have to do is setup both servers on different ports.

Sorry, but I really think that's nonsense. Why should there be any
necessity to use different ports if one uses different IPs in the first

What _I_ see from the startup log is that the boxes are using the same
IP, which is the original reason for the posting.

I have tried this with the current server release and a box that has one
interface with multiple IPs bound to it:

./cod_lnxded +set net_ip +exec cod_server.cfg +set net_port
28960 +set ttycon 0

./cod_lnxded +set net_ip +exec cod_server.cfg +set net_port
28960 +set ttycon 0

have this effect:

udp        0      0*
udp        0      0*

So far, so good. As I fire up my copy of COD to see if both show up in
the server browser, I use the string "stormix.de" to look for the
servers. Shazam, both show up in the in-game server browser.

So, probably the above lines work, and of course you won't need to set
servers that are using different IPs to different ports.