[cod] 0 GUID

[TRT]TazAnimal!{*} tazanimal at rifleteam.com
Sun Feb 29 15:27:42 EST 2004

Hmmmm... how to re-word.  I know it is a known bug and IW is working on
it....
I was looking for some insight into why it does it.

My theories I cannot prove... :-)

1)  Anyone who attaches to server by a "hacked" version of the exe
(cheats, or no-cd hacks, etc...)
2)  Anyone who connects to server without connecting through game
(ASE etc...)

Like I said, I cannot validate those theories, however, it seems consistent.
I have verified with a few members of my clan the second, but it doesn't
always
give them a GUID 0 when they connect through ASE, only sometimes.

As for the first, when I run across an extremely fishy player (possibly
hacking) first
thing I do is look for GUID.  9 out of 10 times, he has a 0.

So... what I was asking is....

Does anyone know for sure what causes the 0 GUID?
[TRT]TazAnimal{*}
Brett Stinson
TazAnimal at rifleteam.com <mailto:TazAnimal at rifleteam.com>