Cron.jobs/Auto Restart

[KaoS] Stryker ohnueaglehawk at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 10:57:50 EST 2004

MessageI am not the computer savvy one but I am helping an associate out getting the info. We want to set up a server auto restart. This is new to me so forgive me if I sound confusing. But I believe we want to set up cron.job to check server approx every few minutes  to see if it is running or timed out and then execute the startup process if its down. I understand we need several elements to make this work. Cron.job, cron.script and crontab or something like that. Could someone help us out on getting this setup. We need to know what folders these files/scripts are suppose to reside in and how to get it to run..........Cron.jobs for idiots.
  Ha-ha, I would appreciate the help Guys, Gals.

  Stryker