[cod] Server Browse issue - revisited

Matthew E. Evans | Computer Networks MEvans at cpunetworks.com
Tue Feb 3 22:05:20 EST 2004

Ron,

I've had the same issue with a few cod servers. I've found that if your server name is too long or has weird characters, or you have multiple colors in your servers name it may not be listed. I've tested this theory on a server that was not showing up on either in-game, gamespy, or ase.

I tried the oridginal server name as it was with special characters and multiple colors, no go. Then tried Plain text without colors and very short, it worked server was listed.

Also make sure you have +set dedicated 2 in your commandline to start the game as dedicated 1 does not report to the master servers, and dedicated 2 does report to the master servers. Also make sure you have the master servers listed in your .cfg file.

I am not sure if that was the problem, but from the test I did looked like it was. If anyone does know the problem please enlighten us.

Matt