ban.txt help

Lestat the Vampire lestat at aresgames.com
Sun Feb 1 21:19:51 EST 2004

Hell...o Alvaro

This file is intot the fs_homepath (by default it is the .callofduty/main/
intot the home directory of the user that run the server (/root if you run
it as root)...
So if you want to have it into the main dir of the game put "+set
fs_homepath ./" on the command line for start the server (of course if you
run it from the drectory of the lnxded or change ./ by the full path to
where is the lnxded)

Now I have a small problem with that file: it is written with the flags
rw-r--r-- so only the user that have run the game can modifiy it... the
problem is how to permit user to modify it because they use FTP and of
course they d'ont have the same user as the one that run the game... so is
it a way to change the flags like rw-rw-r-- when it is writen so people can
unban (by the way it seem that the "unban nick" is not working well)?
I changed the umask of the user that run the game but it is the same...
I think it can be important to be able to put the flag needed on such
important files that need to be edited by users or with the actual flags
you need to give them the same user as the one that run the game and that
can be a security problem (mean bash account with user/password send in
"cleartext" for the FTP)
For now I use a chmod on server's reboot so the file can be accessed by
user...

Le 31-Jan-04, Alvaro Montes Serrador a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I need help with the new ban.txt , where are this file? I have banned a
> player and i don´t find the file.
>
> I am running Cod Linux Server, I need to add something to the config file?
>
> Thx.

Lestat the Vampire

Tell him that someone here, one of you, is a traitor. And I can prove it.
-- Lyta Alexander