Win32 server crash exploit

Boco loneboco at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 02:25:03 EDT 2004

Recently two people joined the Team FuCo CoD server with the name
"YOUR SERVER GONNA DIE" and spammed some blank text.  Right after that
the server went offline.

Is there a new exploit with the Win32 servers?  I don't know of any
that will cause a server to go offline.  Of course, they could just be
DDoS'ing the server.

Anyways, I have the two CoD GUID's of the players who did this.  Be on
the lookout.

<FuCo> [928:44] Player [145076][9]YOUR SERVER GONNA DIE joined the game!
<FuCo> [929:10] Player [252710][2]YOUR SERVER GONNA DIE joined the game!

The two GUID's are 145076 and 252710.  It just now happened and the
server admin is gone, so I will see if he can get PB GUID's.

Does the Linux server exploit also work on the Win32 servers?  Then
again, does the Linux server exploit crash the server?