[cod] Punkbuster

Daniel M. Temme cod at schlechteverlierer.de
Wed Apr 21 05:56:03 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 11:08, Richard Harrison wrote:
> Try http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-cod.php

That's not particularly helpful. Mailinglist subscription doesn't work for me
and the download section is outdated and has a broken link for the one file
that interest me.

I really can't stress how much I want documentation. Reading the following
from evenbalances site isn't really making me feel too cozy...
"PB Servers have an optional built-in mini http web server interface that
allows the game server to be remotely administered via a web browser from
anywhere over the Internet"

Now, I'm certain it isn't running now but I would still prefer to know what
it's doing.

On a related paranoid note I'd also like to know what happens when pb
auto-updates. Is it just hack definitions or dll/so's? The idea of
automaticly downloading and executing code just doesn't sound particularly
sexy to me. I didn't like Steam doing this for CS and would like to avoid
that with CoD/pb, too. But maybe that's an issue I should take up with the pb
mailinglist once it let's me subscribe.

Have a nice day
--
Daniel M. Temme