[cod] Linux server pulled

[MC] Hammer hammer at mcgamers.com
Thu Oct 30 10:54:07 EST 2003

I agree!  I saw the Activision's letter and while they were "asking" that the server software be removed until an official version is made available, they in no way indicated that it could not be used privately.  They mentioned there are still some bugs to work out, but IMO using it will help folks prepare for when the official one is ready.  I wouldn't recommend running a public server with it though, since it could unfairly result in Activision bashing, and the one thing we don't need is losing the company's support.

--[MC] Hammer
[MC] CoD Battalion
[MC] Gamers
http://cod.mcgamers.com/