[cod] Waiting for CDKey Authentication [EXE_AWATINGCDKEYAUTH] never stop

Daniel Rudolph lists at daniel-rudolph.de
Wed Nov 26 15:47:49 EST 2003

Bryan Kuhn schrieb:

Hi again,

I solved you mail while answering it so if you don’t want to know
details just read the last part ;-)

 > The ip the auth server sees is the client public ip address, not the
 > private nat address.
ok cool but then i dont understand the problem :-/

 > Wednesday, November 26, 2003, 11:57:45 AM, you wrote:
 >
 >>Bryan Kuhn schrieb:
 >
 >>ok but what is if you play behind a nat machine your ip will have
 >>10.0.0.1 as example and maybe that ip is authed.
 >

 > It will authorize whatever your public nat ip is. This is where the
 > problems come in, it authorizes say 216.239.57.99, but your server is
 > on 192.168.0.1 in a dmz, so you connect to the server as 10.0.0.1
 > since its all still behind your firewall, the server asks the auth
 > server about 10.0.0.1, and it knows nothing.
My Servers are running on real ips. And they see the real public ip you
want the log again? It was in my first mail.

 > The nat is just a layer of complexity, it all still works on public ip
 > addresses. A server on a private ip address doesn't know it is so it
 > still authorizes keys.
So the ClientIP dont say the  AuthServer what ip he use the authserver
is seen by the ip he comes into the AuthServer right?

If it works that way then you are right it should work but well it dont do.

So with you information i think again whats going on.

It was visible that the server tryed to auth the external address from me.
141.30.225.46.

But know i know what the problem is ;-)
I wrote that i have 2 external connections so well i dont use the same
connection for the auth servers. The auth servers see an other ip.

I changed the router in a way that same external device is used for auth
servers and game servers. I think that worth an faq ;-)
And it works. Thats for your information how auth works so i was able to
fix it.

Can you tell me the hole ip range of all cod auth servers?
im using 63.146.124.0/24 now.

Thx for your help.
Daniel