[cod] Waiting for CDKey Authentication [EXE_AWATINGCDKEYAUTH] never stop

Daniel Rudolph lists at daniel-rudolph.de
Wed Nov 26 13:57:45 EST 2003

Bryan Kuhn schrieb:

> So far I don't think I've seen any case of the linux/windows server
> not working correctly, its all just been firewall issues.
>
> CD-key auth works like this
thx for the info !
> client - "connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
>
> client -> cd-key -> auth server
> auth server -> key-ok -> client
>
> clients ip address is now authorized
ok but what is if you play behind a nat machine your ip will have
10.0.0.1 as example and maybe that ip is authed.

> client -> connect -> server
> server -> client ip -> auth server
>            ^^ this IP address needs to be the same as in the client
>            auth step
>
> auth server -> ip is authorized -> server
> server -> join -> client
yep working fine if you join a server that also is behind nat but not if
you join a server that is not behind nat right ?

> If your on the same subnet as the server you won't need to
> authorize keys.
I think we really see the problem now.
If you are behind nat and want to play on a server without only private
network around we have a problem.

What do you think?

Thx
Daniel