[cod] Waiting for CDKey Authentication [EXE_AWATINGCDKEYAUTH] never stop

Daniel Rudolph lists at daniel-rudolph.de
Wed Nov 26 12:20:59 EST 2003

Nathan Peters schrieb:

 > There were a few of us with the same prob.  Here's what I did to make it
 > work.  In your execute line for the server I set my net_port to 28960
  Then
 > in /etc/hosts  add a new line like this:
 >
 > ip address of your machine    codauthorize.activision.com
 >
 > example: 125.125.125.155    codauthorize.activision.com
 >
 > Then I opened ports 28960 and 28961 on my router.  Not sure if that was
 > necessary but did it neways.  Mine works fine now and was doing
exactly what
 > urs is.  Oh and I took out the set net_ip also.  Hope this works for u it
 > did for me.  TTYL
Thx for your report.
I know that this solves the problem but - hehe that also means your
server dont check ANY keys.

I want a working server with key checks because i like the game and so
we can support the community i think. IW promised some stuff that will
get handeled better then it was on mohaa so that is also a reason to me
to support them by let only players with original version play. I hope
they really hope what they said and the official linux server is a step ;-)

Is that really not possible? A Server with key check on and all valid
users can play ?

Thx again ;-)
 > Nathan
Daniel