[cod] Disapointed

Mike mike at dbmail.dk
Tue Nov 25 20:58:10 EST 2003

Hi

I am the Mike guy Mayday talk about who also has a problem. I run Mandrake
Linux 9.2 on a 10Mbit internet connection for the server only. Everything
should be setup as it should on the box. And it's 100% certain it's not the
pc itself or the connection. I ran a Battlefield 1942 server just recently
on the same machine and config, and could have 28 players with no problems
or lag at all. But when running CoD I get random lags even when only 4-6
players are on the server. Those test persons are from my clan and usually
have 20-30 ping to my windows server even when the win server are full with
28 players. But on the linux their ping spikes to 300+ at random intervals.
I really dont know what it can be. As I said the BF1942 server (Which other
ppl has been complaining take alot of BW and CPU), ran as it should, no
problems :/

The config i use for the linux server is excactly the same as on the windows
server. But I cant even host for 6+ players on linux, while the windows can
run 28+ players without lag. :(

Personally I don't care if I run windows or linux. I'm running it as windows
server now and it works like a charm with no problems, lag or whatever, but
as I have been talking to Mayday about it for some time and I know that he
really wants to get this to work, I would be interested in a solution. Maybe
it's something we do wrong. I just find it wierd that the BF server ran
great, but CoD runs like crap :/

/Mike

P.S.
This is not a flame or blame in any way :)
We just want to find a solution.