Suggestions on file ownership and file permissions for CoD files.

Booker Apelin booker at lava.net
Mon Nov 24 15:54:58 EST 2003

I was interested in hearing what would be a good way of limiting CoD's
access to root on my linux server.  I currently have cod installed and owned
by a user on the server.  That same user is part of group wheel and root.

Can I run CoD as another user that is not part of group wheel or root?

Are there any other suggestions others may have that I can do to CoD so that
if there are vulnerabilities found that the scope is limited to CoD and
doesn't affect the OS or other users?

File permissions are mixed but they are either 755 or 555. Can they be 700
or 500 instead?

Booker