Ping issiue? (a bug?)

thµnder thunder at clanmayday.com
Sat Nov 22 14:40:39 EST 2003

Hello, I'm new on the list and I have a question.

My server runs on a 10Mbit connection to internet and my computer is on same
network that server is (just different IP), after playing some time I
noticed my ping was bout 40ms, no mater what I do its still round 40ms.

When I ping the server from windozze I get 1ms. When I ping with HLSW I get
bout 20ms. Isn't that strange?

To check what's wrong I have installed Quake 2 server on that box and
connected to it and my ping was 1-2ms. So now I wander if there is any one
that have noticed similar problem. Is COD server displaying wrong ping?

My server system is Slackware 9.1, 1500MHz, 1GB RAM, running directly on
internet, no firewalls no proxy or anything like that.

Ping stats