[cod] Beta Linux Server Patch

Joe Brown joe at overdrivepc.com
Fri Nov 14 20:10:23 EST 2003

Is there a patch that stops the server from getting confused at the end
of the game?

The server I manage, halts at the end of a map.  I'd love to say there
is a pattern to it, but be darned if I can figure it out.  Only way I
can keep the server running is to play the game constantly, and when it
does fizzel at the end of a map, issue /rcon map_rotate, which keeps it
busy.

However, today, I had to stop playing for a while and do some real world
work (argh)...  Shortly after I left the house, the server crapped out.  DOH

I'm writing a python script to monitor the server log (I use the logging
facility with Screen to monitor server now).  But I've yet to figure out
when/why the server gets foob'd.

If there's a patch to fix this issue, great, I can forget the python
sheebang, and please leak it too me!

If not, I'll have a python script that does something to the server, to
keep it going, shortly (I hope) if anyone is interested.