[cod] +set net_port problems and GameSpy visibility issues

Daniel Rudolph lists at daniel-rudolph.de
Thu Nov 6 20:11:04 EST 2003

Bryan Kuhn scribbled on Freitag, 7. November 2003 01:53:
> Thats one of the bugs with the linux server, you can set net_port to
> 29599 if you wanted 29600. Changing the port shouldn't have any effect
> on it showing up unless your firewall is blocking it.
Hehe it looks like it is nessesary. I will show you my (temporary) firewall
rules ;-)

>iptables -L -vn
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 709M packets, 63G bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 608M packets, 129G bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Thx for any input about the problem. Game is comming and they nag us as
server provider.

Daniel

PS: and yes the mangle and other tables are also clean