[cod] +set net_port problems and GameSpy visibility issues

Daniel Rudolph lists at daniel-rudolph.de
Thu Nov 6 20:04:44 EST 2003

Steven Hartland scribbled on Freitag, 7. November 2003 01:50:
> Set it to a port that isn't in use.
Hehe its not in use you want my netstat *G*
And its always coming, you tryed also ? You see it only with developer mode
on.

> Change the port doesn't break gamespy here all works fine.
WHAT ?? Sh.... im trying since 2 hours and i dont get whats going on. They
are visible in ASE but not in Gamespy.

More details:
If I start game with no port set command its visible in GameSpy (I use same
startup command except set port). If I start a server with the same config
after it (also with no port forced command) – every time the server I
started first is visible the other one not.
The second server took a new port because they are looking for the next free
one. Its also running and you can join but its not in Gamespy.

Can you send me your Server Config ? Do you set the port in the config or
with command line ?

>Ensure if you have a firewall its open on the specified ports.
Well i can join them. So ports in use problem, firewall should not be the
problem.

I dont get why i have that problem. I checked it on 3 linux servers.

Any more hints for a pure guy sitting 2 Hours on that problem?

>     Steve / K
Thx
Daniel