[cod] Linux Server Blues

ASB Server Admin war at asb-clan.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 07:22:10 EST 2003

I would just like to raise a few points fiorstly about the switching off of CD
Key Checking, its about time that companies, primaraly those based in the USA,
stopped this discrimination of releasing games in parts of the world first,
its this that leads to ramapnt piracy in other parts of the world which didnt
get the release and leads people to develop ways around there protetction
methods. Looking on ASE last night there were 506 Servers running in the EU
ALONE and only 253 in countries where it had been released what does that tell
you!! i have no doubt that most of the 506 illegal servers will adopt CD KEY
checking when we finnaly get the game officialy, ours certainly will.

Secondly about the linux binaries, you cant seem to do mixed mode rotations
with it. If you specify a gametype in the sv_mapRotation it will not switch to
it and will continue to run the gametype last set, if you dont set a gametype
it will run in DM mode. To get around that all i have done is set the rotation
then put in set g_gametype sd after it then invoked a start map to get the
server running. There also seems to be a time limit issue when the server will
not always obey the limit specified in the config files, but as well all know
these binaries were pulled for a reason, an dfingers crossed this is whats
going to be fixed