Strange? CPU usage

Luca Fabbro luca.fabbro at procne.it
Mon Dec 29 13:18:45 EST 2003

Hi all,
	yesterday evening I had a quick look at the CPU usage of one COD dedicated
server and I've found a strange CPU usage as I was expecting other values.
The server is running on an XP1700+ with 512Meg of RAM and the distro is
Slackware 9.0 and kernel 2.4.20.
The top reported the following data

4638 cod_srv   17   0  122m 122m 1524 R 69.5 24.7 145:25.99 cod_lnxded

there were 18/18 players, gametype was tdm and map mp_brecourt

other parameters are
sv_maxping 500
sv_minping 0
sv_max_rate 20000
sv_pure 1

The CPU usage sometimes raised to 80%. If I well remember I've never seen a
so high CPU usage before. I'm doing something wrong? Is this the standard
CPU usage for that number of players and before I never noticed it?

Thanks in advance
	Luca

P.S. today the server went in loop condition and so I've restarted it